Friday, November 7, 2008

Tropical Workout! Try it!

I love working out at the beach just down the street from me. It is the best feeling in the world to know it is that easy to get a workout in such a nice environment with happy people around, both locals and tourists. The best part of it, I would have to say, is the underwater life. I get to workout with colourful fish swimming below me around flourishing coral and sometimes I have the opportunity to chase a school of fish or follow a flat bottom feeder. But, I always make sure that I am keeping up with my workout whether it is doing breast stroke or treading water. A fun game I like to play is testing my lung capacity, especially when there is something interesting to see under water. It's just so much fun to be in the water and to utilize it for the purpose of staying healthy, how beautiful!

I've done my fair share of working out at the gym but it is not the same. There are many ways to 'naturally' get a workout without having to go to a steel-filled building to feel fit. One natural alternative is to go to the beach, if you live near one. It is a great way to stay fit and appreciate nature all at once. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment